DA14531 SmartBond TINY Module
6 months agoPosted by Shashialabur 65 points 6 replies
I received my DA14531 Tiny Modules, made my own FT230XS based USB-Serial board, wired up the module and after a fair amount of trial and error, I could program the module !
I am using the CODELESS examples (codeless_531_datapump.bin, set_two_standalone.bin, standalone.bin).
With Module#1, I could download into SysRAM or into SPI Flash, the module was 'Discovered' in the Smart Console App, I could connect to it and I could get the responses to the AT command, like getting board address etc....but, no matter what I tried, I could not put the module into the Binary mode and send data directly between the module and the App. If I typed any AT command in the 'Terminal' window in "SmartSnippets Toolbox", the Module would immediately disconnect in the App. Somewhere during my trials, I think I used the OTP Programmer option and now I am unable to reprogram this module - though it is still running the last program that got burned into its OTP memory, is consistently discoverable in the Smart Console App and responds to AT commands ( I don't remember if I programmed the standalone.bin or datapump.bin into its OTP memory.), but cannot get into "Binary" mode.
With Module#2, I can download programs successfully into SysRAM or SPI Flash, module is 'Discovered' in the App but refuses to connect !
If I launch the codeless_host terminal, I do not get any responses from the Module.
My questions :
1. What is the difference between the datapump, standalone, set-two-standalone bin files ?
2. The examples shown in the webpage "http://lpccs-docs.dialog-semiconductor.com/UM-140-DA145x-CodeLess/smart…" for the SmartConsole App, show a Command Mode / Binary Mode selection being available (Section 8.4, Figure 50 and Section 8.4.2, Figure 57), but I do not see these options in the App on my Android phone (App Version is 3.530.4).
3. When should I use the Smart Console App and when the DSPS App ?
4. Why is the Module#2 refusing to get connected ?
5. I am using the P0_5 as the single wire UART TX/RX pin for downloading the programs. Does the codeless_host terminal need separate RX/TX pins on the UART or the single pin P0_5 is ok for this ?
I will experiment some more ....but, a little confused at this point !
All I want to do is send some data via the UART of the Module and this should be received in the APP.