To order a sample of any of our products, please complete the following form. We will provide up to five parts free of charge. Our sales department will provide pricing for samples orders exceeding five parts.
USB Power Delivery 3.0 Interface Controller with Integrated Current Sense
Supports USB Power Delivery 3.0, Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 4+, and Direct Charge Adapters
The iW657P USB power delivery (USB PD) 3.0 interface controller resides on the secondary side of the AC/DC power supply and manages the communication between the power adapter and mobile device.
The iW657P works with Dialog’s (iW1791, iW1797, iW1799) RapidCharge™ primary-side controller and supports fast charging protocols, including USB PD 3.0, Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ and direct charging. It transmits all necessary information via an optocoupler to the primary side, including voltage requests, output current limits, output voltage undershoot, output over-voltage, and fault and reset signals. It also offers an optional secondary-side current sensing circuit to provide additional over-load fault protection.
The iW657P also works with Dialog’s iW676 synchronous rectifier, which eliminates the need for a parallel Schottky diode for higher efficiency and lower BOM cost.
Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Supports Multiple RapidCharge Protocols:
- USB PD 3.0 PPS (Programmable Power Supply)
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 4+
- Direct Charge
- Other RapidCharge Protocols
USB-IF PD 3.0 certified (USB PD 3.0 + PPS)
Compatible with USB Type-C™ Rev. 1.2
Supports wide output voltage range from 3.3 to 21V
NMOS VBUS Switch Lowers System Cost
VCONN Support for Smart Cables
Integrated Current Sense
Single Optocoupler for All Rapid Charge Information
Low No-Load Power Consumption <20mW
High Efficiency up to 90%
Double-Layer Cable Protection:
- Secondary side (iW657P): D+/D-/CC1/CC2 Overvoltage Protection; Optional Secondary-Side Current Sensing Circuit for Over-Load Fault Protection
- Primary side (iW1791, iW1797, iW1799): Advanced Cable Fault Protection Reduces Average Output Power at Fault
Automatic AC Un-Plug Detection
- Protects Phone Battery from Damage Due to High Voltage Exposure if Charger is Unplugged then Re-Plugged into Mains with Charging Cable Still Connected
USB PD 3.0 AC/DC Power Adapters for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Other Mobile Devices
USB PD 3.0 Power Supplies for Set Top Boxes, Displays, Speakers
USB PD 3.0 in-the-wall receptacles
Lamps and lighting fixtures with USB PD 3.0 ports