USB PD and RapidCharge™
Enabling faster charging of portable devices
A leader in AC/DC RapidCharge™ solutions, Dialog supports more fast charging protocols than any other supplier.
Our patented Zero Voltage Switching (ZVS) technology offers an innovative digital approach to enable 65W+ chargers that are 30% or more smaller than existing “brick” adapters for laptops, monitors, smartphones, power tools and other portable products. Learn more
All of Dialog’s AC/DC controllers are hard-wired state machines, so fast chargers designed with them can’t be hacked. Learn more.
All primary-side ICs (iW17xx & iW98xx) feature advanced cable fault protection
- USB-IF PD Certified (USB PD 3.0 + PPS): iW709 & iW657P
- VBUS Switch Driver: Integrated charge pump that drives an external N-channel MOSFET protects VBUS from output short-circuit damage and enables lower cost, easier sourcing vs P-channel
- DLNK is Dialog's digital communication from secondary to primary side via an optocoupler
- XM-Comm is Dialog’s proprietary digital communication via the main power transformer that eliminates the need for an optocoupler
- ZVS: Zero Voltage Switching flyback technology
- SSR: Secondary-Side Regulation
Rapid Charge™ controllers prevent fast charger hacking
100W Chargers in Half the Size with Dialog ZVS Technology
DiaSIM’s simulation technology is powered by Sideline Software’s NL5 simulation software. The unique nature of NL5 allows true simultaneous simulation of digital blocks and analog circuit elements. Most PSPICE-based simulations programs cannot simulate true digital circuits with analog components and rely upon approximations of the digital blocks instead of the actual circuit. Dialog’s digital controller technology and advanced analog designs can be accurately simulated thanks to NL5’s powerful technology. For more information, visit Sideline Software’s website.