High Efficiency Advanced Feature 4-Channel PMIC
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
High-voltage buck controller
The PV88080 provides one PWM buck controller and three adjustable synchronous buck regulators. The high voltage buck controller can optionally be used to generate the supply for the other three buck converters. Two pass devices (NMOS FET) for the high side and low side of the high voltage buck controller are external which allows the majority of the buck controller power dissipation to be outside the PV88080. This high voltage buck controller uses a constant on time (COT) control scheme with integrated bootstrap PMOS switch.
In certain applications, multiple PV88080s can be used together to provide enough power rails to power the larger systems. There are three buck converters that can be used to generate the supplies for CPUs, DDR memory and other Auxiliary functions in a typical application. The pass devices of these buck converters are fully integrated, so no external FETs or Schottky diodes are needed. This results in optimized power efficiency and a reduced external component count.
- One high-voltage synchronous buck controller with:
- Wide VIN range, 7 V to 26 V
- Programmable VOUT (0.8 V to 5.25 V when VIN < 13.2 V, 1.8 V to 5.25 V when VIN > 13.2 V)
- Up to 20 A IOUT depending on external MOSFET
- Three synchronous buck converters with integrated low RON FET:
- Buck1: programmable VOUT from 0.75 V to 3.3 V with 5 A continuous output current, and 6 A peak current standalone
- Buck2: programmable VOUT from 0.9 V to 3.6 V with 2 A continuous output current and 3 A peak current standalone
- Buck3: programmable VOUT from 0.9 V to 3.6 V with 2 A continuous output current and 3 A peak current standalone
- DVC on buck controller and buck converters
- Auto mode on all buck converters, adjustable soft-start, and I2C-compatible interface
- GPIO to connect/control the other device
- Register-selectable multiple function: mute, reset timer, external thermal sense, and lower input voltage alarm
- -40 °C to +85 °C ambient temperature
- 50% reduction in board area
- High integration of rails in single package
- Re-programmability = fast re-design
- Slew rate control improved PCB cost/performance
- DVS for enhanced performance/power scaling
- Significantly fewer devices & discretes
- Networking home terminal
- WiFi EAP/routers
- Supply for digital television processor
- Power supply for digital set top box (STB)
Product Briefs and Summaries
- PV88080 Product Brief (426.62 KB)
- PV88080 Datasheet (3.22 MB)
- AN-PV-001 Power Sub-System Design Using the PV88080 (312.98 KB)
- AN-PV-002 Power Fail Detection and Audio Muting Using the PV88080 (529.9 KB)
- AN-PV-003 Temperature Sensing Using the PV88080 (586.15 KB)
- AN-PV-004 Dynamically Changing the Output PV88080 Voltage (745.76 KB)
- AN-PV-005 Voltage Rail Sequencing (873.02 KB)
- AN-PV-006 Dynamic Voltage Control (696.26 KB)
- Shared IRQ Line Considerations AN-PM-059 (329.06 KB)
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.