Configurable, high efficiency PMIC for GPS sub-systems in wearable devices requiring ultra-low voltage ripple
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Nanopower PMIC with ultra-low ripple buck regulator for low power connected devices
DA9233 is a high efficiency, ultra-low quiescent current buck regulator and ultra-low quiescent current LDO in a compact I2C configurable WLCSP package. The Buck regulator also features ultralow output ripple (<10mV). It is targeting battery powered applications needing low ripple and highly efficient power supplies.
The buck regulator extends high light load efficiency down to 20 μA further extending battery life. Dynamic Voltage Control in the Buck regulator facilitates optimization across the system power modes enabling further improvement in System efficiency and battery life.
The low quiescent current LDO can be configured as a Load Switch and provides the second supply output. The LDO’s uncommitted inputs can be connected to either the battery or the buck output. Connecting the input to the buck output provides the flexibility to improve the PSRR at the LDO output as needed.
DA9233 provides multiple protection features and comes with the ability to monitor the events and indicators in the GPO pin.
- 2.5V - 5.5V operating range
- 750 nA total input current (buck enabled, no load)
- Up to 80% efficiency at 1.8 V output, 20 μA load currents
- Output voltage 0.6 V to 1.9 V
- Dynamic Voltage Control (DVC)
- 100 mA LDO/Load Switch
- Ultra-low quiescent current
- Input voltage 1.8 V to 5.5 V
- Output voltage 0.7 V to 3.3 V
- I2C interface for device configuration and control
- Protection features and System Monitors
- Small 1.65mm x 1.25mm x 0.5mm, 12-pin WLCSP package
- <10mV output ripple exceeds requirements for powering GPS chipsets in wearable devices
- Low quiescent current PMIC extends battery life
- Integration of buck regulator and LDO reduces board area while providing total solution for GPS chipsets
- Dynamically programmable output voltage optimizes performance in operating modes and extends battery life in storage modes
- Fitness Trackers
- Wireless Headphones
- Portable Medical
- Personal Health Monitors
- Portable Gaming
- Wireless Earbud Cradles
- Home Automation
1.65mm x 1.25mm WL-CSP 12
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.