Highly Integrated PMIC for Wearables and Home Automation
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Highly integrated PMIC for wearables and home automation extends battery life in the smallest footprint
DA9072 is a highly integrated, configurable, low quiescent current PMIC that integrates the most common needs for wearables, home automation and low power battery applications. The Power Management IC (PMIC) comprises a linear charger with Power Path management, ultralow quiescent current (Iq) buck regulator and LDO/Load Switches, analog battery monitor, watchdog and protection features in an IC configurable compact WLCSP package.
DA9072 has several power saving modes to increase battery life whether the product sits on the shelf or is in operation. Further savings in power are achieved with the ultra-low Iq buck converter that is efficient down to 10 μA load currents and low Iq LDOs. The uncommitted inputs of LDOs can be connected to either the battery or buck output. The integrated, high-efficiency boost regulator supports both sensors and display supply needs with a wide range configurable output voltage. DA9072 provides charge current up to 500 mA to speed up the charge cycle. The charge profile is programmable by external resistors or in software, allowing either stand-alone operation or host control.
DA9072 includes dynamic power path management which automatically balances current delivered between the system and the battery. Suitable for small battery applications, the battery monitor facilitates on-demand battery voltage and discharge current monitors to an external MCU’s ADC for supporting software fuel gauging.
- 2.5V - 5.5V operating range
- 22V tolerant, 500mA linear battery charger with Power Path
- Battery protection during charging & discharging
- 300mA buck converter with 900nA quiescent current
- 3x 150mA LDO/Load Switches with 800nA quiescent current
- Current & voltage monitors for battery fuel gauge (DA9070 only)
- Dedicated watchdog & reset inputs
- I2C Interface
- Flexible charger supports slow and fast charging rates
- Low quiescent current buck regulator and LDOs extend battery life
- Integrated PMIC reduces power management footprint by 25% compared to discrete soutions
- Programmable power states optimize performance in operating modes and extend battery life in storage modes
- Fitness Trackers
- Wireless Headphones
- Portable Medical
- Personal Health Monitors
- Portable Gaming
- Wireless Earbud Cradles
- Home Automation
2.97mm x 2.66mm WL-CSP 42
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.