System PMIC and Audio CODEC for Multi-Core Application Processors
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
The DA9066 combines an ultra-low-power audio CODEC with core power management functions targeting standalone application processors and mobile devices. The PMIC features single-phase, dual-phase, and RF buck converters. High efficiency is achieved over a wide load range. All power switches are integrated and a high switching frequency allows lowprofile inductors to be used.
DA9066 also includes additional modules such as real time clock (RTC), general purpose 12-bit ADC (GPADC), and general purpose I/O pins (GPIO). These support different functions such as battery voltage supervision and device over-temperature protection. All DA9066 features can be accessed by software via the host processor, allowing high flexibility of applications.
Controlled by a programmable digital power manager, the user-programmable switched/linear regulators may be configured to meet the start-up sequence, voltage, and timing requirements for most applications. Dynamic Voltage Scaling (DVS) is available to achieve optimal processor energy-per-task performance. Dialog’s patented SmartMirror™ dynamic biasing is implemented on all linear regulators.
- Operating range 2.5 V to 4.4 V
- 20 programmable LDO regulators
- One dual-phase 3 A buck converter
- Four single-phase buck converters
- One high-efficiency RF buck converter
- Low-power backup battery charger
- 32 kHz real-time clock (RTC) with alarm capability
- 12-bit general purpose ADC with auto-mode controller
- Temperature to voltage supervision
- High-speed I2C interface
- OTP memory
- Full low-power audio codec
- 98 dB stereo output into 16 Ω to 32 Ω headphones
- Minimum external components; capless, true-ground driver eliminates bulky headphone coupling capacitors
- Supports three microphones with separate low-noise microphone bias outputs
- Low-power PLL provides system clocking and audio sample rate flexibility
- Built-in five-band EQ, ALC, and noise gate DSP functions
- Enhanced energy-saving techniques:
- Dynamic Voltage Scaling (DVS)
- Programmable power manager
- High-performance 24-bit audio CODEC
- sampling rates up to 96 kHz
- Enhanced security:
- System supply monitoring
- Junction temperature monitoring
- Watchdog timer
- -30 °C to +85 °C junction temperature operation
Smartphones and mobile phones
Ultrabooks and tablet PCs
Portable navigation devices
TV and media players
WLCSP, 5.8 mm x 4.8 mm. 0.4 mm pitch
Product Briefs and Summaries
- DA9066 Product Brief (548.81 KB)
- DA9066 Datasheet (3.48 MB)
- AN-PM-059 Shared IRQ Line Considerations (329.06 KB)
User guides and manuals
- DA9066 GUI and EVB User Manual. (1.99 MB)
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.