Automotive grade, High efficiency, 10 A, dual phase, step down DC-DC converter (Buck)
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
The DA9130-A is a high efficiency, automotive grade, 10A, dual phase, step down DC-DC (Buck) converter with integrated switching FET's. The device can operate at efficiency levels above 90%, reducing the thermal design challenges of powering high current rails in a wide range of automotive systems such as Navigation systems, Infotainment, Telematics, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), or any automotive high performance processing system requiring efficient, high current, power delivery.
The DA9130-A device has an input voltage range of 2.5 V to 5.5 V and an output voltage range of 0.3 V to 1.9 V, making it suitable for a wide variety of low voltage systems. The DA9130-A only requires two small 0.10 µH inductors, delivering a highly optimized BoM and footprint. Output voltages above 1.9 V are supported with an external resistor divider.
The DA9130-A device is part of the Dialog family of Flexible, Scalable, Reliable Automotive System and Sub PMICs enabling an “Exact Fit” power solution. It is available in a 3.3mm x 4.8mm 24-pin FC-QFN wettable flank package. An Industrial/commercial grade version is also available (DA9130).
- 2.5 V to 5.5 V input voltage
- 0.3 V to 1.9 V output voltage
- 4 MHz nominal switching frequency
- ±1 % accuracy (static)
- ±5 % accuracy (dynamic)
- I2C -compatible interface (FM+)
- Programmable GPIOs
- Programmable soft start
- Voltage, current, and temperature supervision
- Key safety features
- Output under-voltage and over-voltage protection
- Input under-voltage protection
- 2-step over-temperature protection
- -40 °C to +105 ºC ambient temperature Range
- AEC-Q100 Grade 2 qualified for Automotive applications
- High Efficiency buck converters deliver outstanding thermal performance
- Fully integrated switching FET’s means no external FETs or Schottky diodes are required
- Remote sensing guarantees the highest accuracy and supports multiple PCB routing scenarios without loss of performance.
- Fully programmable soft start limits the inrush current from the input to give a slope-controlled output voltage.
- Dynamic voltage control (DVC) enables adaptive adjustment of the device output voltage depending on the load. This increases efficiency when the downstream circuitry enters low power or idle mode, resulting in power savings.
- Configurable GPIOs support a range of features including I2C, DVC and Power Good indicator.
- Optimized BoM cost and footprint: Each output requires a very small inductor and capacitor delivering parts and cost savings
- Cycle by cycle current limiting for superior over current protection
- Vehicle infotainment systems
- Automotive navigation
- Automotive center console
- Automotive cluster
- SoC/FPGA based, high performance, automotive Electronic Control unit (ECUI) requiring efficient, high current, power delivery
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.