Designed for Automotive Applications Requiring up to 8.5 A
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Powerful DC-DC converter system
DA9062-A is a PMIC optimized for supplying systems with single- and dual-core processors, I/O, DDR memory, and peripherals. The target application range covers entry-level automotive IVI systems, and FPGA based applications including navigation and automotive telemetrics.
DA9062-A features four buck converters providing a total current of 8.5 A. High efficiency is achieved over a wide load range by automatically selecting Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM) or Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) modes. All power switches are integrated, removing the need for external Schottky diodes. A high switching frequency allows low-profile inductors to be used. Buck1 and Buck2 can be used in a 5 A dual-phase configuration and Buck4 can be used as a DDR VTT supply. Four LDO regulators with programmable output voltage are integrated and provide up to 300 mA each. DA9062-A is available in automotive AEC-Q100 Grade 2.
- Input voltage 2.8 V to 5.5 V
- Four buck converters, 0.3 V to 3.34 V up to 2.5 A
- Dual-phase mode up to 5 A
- DDR VTT supply mode
- DVS support
- 3 MHz switching frequency allows use of low-profile inductors and avoids the AM band
- Four LDO regulators, 0.9 V to 3.6 V up to 300 mA
- Five GPIOs
- Coin cell/super-capacitor charger
- 1.5 µA RTC with alarm and wakeup
Enhanced Energy Saving techniques:
Dynamic Voltage Scaling (DVS)
Programmable power manager
System supply monitoring
Junction temperature monitoring
-40 °C to +125 °C junction temperature operation
3 MHz switching frequency avoiding the AM band
AEC-Q100 Grade 2
- Supply for single- and dual-core application processors; for example the i.MXTM families
- Power supply for FPGAs
- Automotive infotainment/dashboard
- Navigation systems
- Vehicle telemetrics
- Integrated cockpits
QFN40, 6x6 mm, 0.5 mm pitch
Product Briefs and Summaries
- DA9062 Product Brief (935.3 KB)
- AN-PM-010 PCB Layout Guidelines for Dialog PMICs (2.65 MB)
- AN-PM-056 Testing DA906x with a Slowly Ramping Supply (238.6 KB)
- AN-PM-059 Shared IRQ Line Considerations (329.06 KB)
- AN-PM-060 DA9061_2 Developers Guide (643.87 KB)
- AN-PM-063 DA906x Control Pins (448.87 KB)
- AN-PM-067 Atmel SAMA5D3 Power Management with DA9061/2 (396.17 KB)
- AN-PM-083 DA9062 Atlas7 Power Connections (365.15 KB)
- AN-PM-087 Powering Xilinx Zynq Processors with DA9061/2/3 (824.41 KB)
- AN-PM-117 Dialog PMICs and Terrestrial Cosmic Rays (235.52 KB)
User guides and manuals
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.