15W AccuSwitch™ AC/DC Digital Primary-Side Switcher Eliminates Optocoupler and Maintains Excellent Cross-Regulation Accuracy
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
79kHz integrated 700V power MOSFET optimized for 12Vout
The iW1830 AccuSwitch™ digital PWM converter integrates a highly accurate control circuit with a 700V power MOSFET to provide a complete solution for off-line power conversion at up to 15W of output power.
Dialog's PrimAccurate™ primary-side digital control algorithms eliminate the need for failure-prone optocouplers and ensure excellent cross-regulation accuracy, to enable the longer operating lifetime, high performance and reduced cost required for white goods applications.
The output is designed to smoothly start-up into large capacitors while maintaining a quick turn-on time. It operates in quasi-resonant mode to optimize efficiency and incorporates a low-power mode that achieves <50mW of no-load power consumption to meet global energy efficiency regulations. Additional features include full protection from over-temperature, over-voltage and over-current conditions as well as EZ-EMI® technology to meet global EMI specifications.
- 12W – 15W Output Power
- AccuSwitch™ - Integrated 700V Power MOSFET
- PrimAccurate™ Primary-Side Control
- No Optocoupler Needed
- Intelligent Digital Control Loop for Accurate Voltage Cross-Regulation
- Meets Global Energy Efficiency Standards
- < 50mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Quasi-resonant Control for Optimal Efficiency
- Adaptively Controlled Soft Start-up
- Fast, Smooth Start-up Into Large Capacitive Loads
- EZ-EMI™ Design to Meet Global EMI Specifications
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions:
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection Application
- Thermally Efficient PDIP-7 Package to Support High Power
Typical application diagram
Functional block diagram
iW1830-EVAL Evaluation Board for 15W Dual Output Power Supplies
The iW1830-EVAL evaluation board provides a solution for development of 15W dual output power supplies for white goods, home appliances, industrial control equipment and network devices. It uses Dialog’s iW1830 AccuSwitch™ digital off-line power supply controller IC and supplies two outputs, 12V: 1A and 5V: 0.5A, using a single primary-side controlled quasi-resonant flyback converter.
iW1830-EVAL1 Evaluation Board for 15W Single Output Power Supplies
The iW1830-EVAL1 evaluation board provides a solution for development of 15W single output power supplies for white goods, home appliances, industrial control equipment and network devices. It uses Dialog’s iW1830 AccuSwitch™ digital off-line power supply controller IC and supplies a 5V: 3A regulated output using a single primary-side controlled quasi-resonant flyback converter.
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.