Not Recommended for New Designs
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Off-line digital green-mode quasi-resonant PWM controller
The iW1760 is a high performance AC/DC controller designed to drive an external power N-channel MOSFET in PWM flyback power supplies. With output power capability ranging from 15W to 40W, the iW1760 is ideal for universal-input wall adapters in portable electronics and power supplies for consumer electronics.
The iW1760 meets the US DoE’s external power supply standard and the EU’s Code of Conduct, version 5, tier 2 standard by offering no-load power consumption of < 50mW while complying with active mode minimum efficiency requirements. Additional features include Dialog's proprietary EZ-EMI™ technology, 5 selectable cable and connector voltage drop compensation voltages and robust operation with full protection from over-voltage and over-temperature with the option to latch the off-state or automatically reset.
For information on the iW1760 Ultrabook™ solution, see the reference designs page.
For Lower Output Ripple See iW1760B.
- Meets DoE External Power Supply Regulation and EU CoC Version 5, Tier 2
- Less than 50mW No-Load Power Consumption
- High Output Power Capable - Range of 15W to 40W
- Low 6uA Start-Up Current
- Selectable Voltage Offset Compensation for Voltage Loss in Cables and Connectors (5 Options)
- Selectable Via single resistor to ground
- PrimAccurate™ - Primary-Side Control, No Opto-Coupler Needed
- Intrinsically Low Noise Solution - No Audible Noise Over Entire Operating Range
- Adaptive Multi-Mode PWM/PFM Control for Optimal Efficiency Across Load Range
- EZ-EMI™ Design to Easily Meet Global EMI Specifications
- Fast Dynamic Load Regulation
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Over-Voltage/Over-Temperature Protection (latch option)
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current
- Input Undervoltage Protection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Power Adapters for Portable Electronics
- Rapid Charge™ Enabled Adapters
- Consumer Electronics Power Supplies
- Linear AC/DC Power Supply Replacement
Typical applications diagram
Functional block diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.