PrimAccurate™ Off-Line Digital PWM Controller in a SOT-23 Package
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
< 30mW standby power
The iW1676 is a high performance AC/DC controller designed to drive a low-cost BJT power switch in peak current mode PWM flyback power supplies up to 5W. Ideal for power adapters for smartphones, the iW1676 integrates Dialog’s PrimAccurate™ digital primary-side control, eliminating the need for the secondary-side optocoupler, reducing component count and solution cost.
The iW1676 easily meets the US DoE’s external power supply standard and the EU’s Code of Conduct, version 5, tier 2 standard, with no-load power consumption less than 30mW. Additional features include Dialog's proprietary EZ-EMI™ technology, quasi-resonant control for optimal efficiency at heavy loads, cable and connector voltage drop compensation options, full protection from fault conditions and tiny packaging.
- Easily Meets DoE External Power Supply and EU Code of Conduct, Version 5, Tier 2 Standards
- Less than 30mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Low 1.7uA Start-Up Current
- 64kHz PWM Switching Frequency
- Voltage Offset Compensation for Voltage Loss in Cables and Connectors (4 Options)
- PrimAccurate™ - Primary-Side Control, No Optocoupler Needed
- Intrinsically Low Noise Solution - No Audible Noise Over Entire Operating Range
- Quasi-resonant Control for Optimal Efficiency
- EZ-EMI™ Design to Easily Meet Global EMI Specifications
- Fast Dynamic Load Regulation
- Tiny SOT-23-5 Package
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current
- Input Undervoltage Protection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Power Adapters for Portable Electronics
- Consumer Electronics Power Supplies
- Linear AC/DC Power Supply Replacement
Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.