45W AC/DC Off-Line Controller for Power Adapters Offers Lower Output Ripple, Wider Input Voltage vs iW1760
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
1% output ripple, small solution size
The iW1760B improves on the performance of Dialog’s iW1760 AC/DC controller by reducing the output voltage ripple to 1% on a 12V output voltage, increasing the Vcc input voltage range up to 25V and increasing robustness with extra protection features. The iW1760B meets the US DoE’s external power supply standard and the EU’s Code of Conduct, version 5, tier 2 standard by offering no-load power consumption of < 50mW while complying with active mode minimum efficiency requirements.
The iW1760B also incorporates Dialog’s SmartDefender™ smart hiccup technology to help address soft short circuits in cables and connectors. Learn more about SmartDefender smart hiccup technology here.
The iW1760B is pin-to-pin and backward compatible with the iW1760.
- Low Output Ripple Voltage – 120mV on a 12V or 5V Output Voltage
- 25V max Vcc Input Voltage Range
- Meets DoE External Power Supply and EU Code of Conduct, Version 5, Tier 2 Standards
- Less than 50mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Active Start-Up Reduces Start-Up Time without Increasing No-Load Power Consumption
- Selectable Voltage Offset Compensation for Voltage Loss in Cables and Connectors (5 Options)
- Selectable via Single Resistor to Ground
- PrimAccurate™- Primary-Side Control, No Opto-Coupler Needed
- Intrinsically Low Noise Solution - No Audible Noise Over Entire Operating Range
- Adaptive Multi-Mode PWM/PFM Control for Optimal Efficiency Across Load Range
- EZ-EMI™ Design to Easily Meet Global EMI Specifications
- Fast Dynamic Load Response (DLR)
- SmartDefender™ Smart Hiccup Technology
- Helps Address Soft-Shorts in Cables, Connectors without Latching Off
- Helps Protect Cables and Connectors from Excessive Heat and Damage by Reducing Average Power During Short Circuit by at Least 50%
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Over-Voltage/Over-Temperature Protection (latch option)
- On-Chip Internal Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current Protection
- Input Under-Voltage Protection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Bulk Input Capacitor Discharge Circuit
- Pin-to-Pin and Backward Compatible with iW1760
Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.