Not Recommended for New Designs
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Selectable cable drop compensation
The iW1699 is a high performance AC/DC controller designed to drive an external power N-channel MOSFET for peak current mode PWM flyback power supplies. It uses Dialog’s PrimAccurate™ primary-side control technology, eliminating the need for a secondary-side regulator and optocoupler, reducing component count and solution cost while easily meeting the US DoE’s external power supply efficiency standard and the EU’s Code of Conduct, version 5, tier 2 external power supply standard, with no-load power consumption less than 30mW.
It integrates a constant current mode on some options so it can be used in adapter applications, with a constant current accuracy > 3%. Additional features include Dialog's proprietary EZ-EMI™ technology, adaptive multi-mode PWM/PFM control for optimal efficiency across all loads, 5 selectable cable and connector voltage drop compensation voltages, and robust operation with full protection from over-voltage and over-temperature.
For Lower Output Ripple See iW1699B
- Meets DoE External Power Supply Regulation and EU CoC Version 5, Tier 2
- Less than 30mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Active Start-Up - Reduces Turn-on Time without Impacting No-load Power Consumption
- Low 6µA Start-Up Current
- Selectable Voltage Offset Compensation for Voltage Loss in Cables and Connectors (5 Options)
- Selectable Via single resistor to ground
- PrimAccurate™ - Primary-Side Control, No Opto-Coupler Needed
- Intrinsically Low Noise Solution - No Audible Noise Over Entire Operating Range
- Adaptive Multi-Mode PWM/PFM Control for Optimal Efficiency Across Load Range
- EZ-EMI™ Design to Easily Meet Global EMI Specifications
- Fast Dynamic Load Regulation
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Over-Voltage/Over-Temperature Protection (latch option)
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current
- Input Undervoltage Protection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Power Adapters for Portable Electronics
- Consumer Electronics Power Supplies
- Linear AC/DC Power Supply Replacement
Typica applications diagram
Functional block diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.