AC/DC Adapter Interface IC Compatible with Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 Technology
Not Recommended for New Designs
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Proprietary primary-secondary communication technology
The iW620 is a Rapid Charge™, AC/DC adapter interface IC that resides on the secondary side of the AC/DC power supply and works with Dialog’s iW1760B(40W) and iW1699B(12W) primary-side digital PWM controllers to enable Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 technology-compliant power supplies for smartphones and tablets. Efficiency as high as 88% enables the higher power density needed for smaller form-factor fast charging adapters.
The Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 technology specification allows for voltage positioning of the output of the adapter in order to decrease the charge time by as much as 75% of current charging times. The iW620 ensures safe operation with programmable, patented active fast output voltage discharge from 9V or 12V down to 5V. So, when the USB cable is unplugged from a Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 technology-enabled phone and then used with a non-Quick Charge 2.0 phone, the iW620 rapidly discharges the output voltage down to 5V, to protect the phone from damage.
When operating at 5V, the iW620 enters a standby mode, drawing less than 120uA of current, allowing the overall solution to maintain less than 30mW of no-load power consumption.
The iW620 is UL verified. Read the UL Verification Certificate for the iW620.
Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
For new Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 designs, see iW626
- Supports Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 Technology High Voltage Dedicated Charging Port (HVDCP) Class A Applications – 5V, 9V and 12V outputs.
- UL Verified
- Backwards compatible with USB Battery Charging Specification Revision 1.2 (USB BC1.2) Dedicated Charging Port (DCP)
- Low OFF-state current of <120mA
- Wide input voltage range – 3V to 25V
- Built-in opto-coupler driver with 2mA of drive capability
- 6-lead SOT-23 package
- Fault protection
- Pin-to-pin short circuit protection
- Floating pin detection
- Power adapters for portable electronics.
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 technology HVDCP-enabled adapters.
Typical applications diagram
Functional Block Diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.