45W High Resolution RapidCharge™ AC/DC Digital Controller with Advanced Protection Features
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Supports USB PD 3.0, Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 4+, and Direct Charge Adapters; Companion to iW657P USB PD 3.0 Controller
The iW1799 is a 45W output, high performance AC/DC RapidCharge™ power supply controller that supports USB Power Delivery with Programmable Power Supply (USB PD PPS) and other rapid charging protocols. The device offers high voltage and current resolution with the ability to step the voltage in 10mV increments up to 21V, ideal for USB PD PPS and Direct Charge adapters.
The iW1799 is optimized to work with Dialog’s iW657P USB PD interface controller in mobile device adapters to achieve fast and smooth voltage transition on request from the mobile device. The iW657P accepts fast charging protocols, including USB PD and transmits all necessary information via an optocoupler to the iW1799, including voltage requests, output current limits, output voltage undershoot, output over-voltage, and fault and reset signals.
The device offers a full array of advanced protection features, including an advanced fault protection technology that reduces power during a fault, an X-Cap discharge function to safely discharge the input capacitor when the travel adapter is unplugged, and Dialog’s advanced fault control technology to address soft short circuits in charger cables and connectors without latching off the output.
Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Output power - 45W+
- Optimized to Work with iW657P to Support Multiple RapidCharge Protocols:
- USB PD 3.0 and 2.0
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge 4+
- Direct Charge
- Other Proprietary OEM Protocols
- Proprietary Secondary-To-Primary Digital Communication and Built-In Decoder:
- Reduces BOM and Significantly Simplifies Design
- Single Optocoupler for All Rapid Charging Information
- High Resolution Voltage and Current Control
- 10mV/Step up to 21V – Key for USB PD PPS and Direct Charge
- Ultra-Low No-Load Power Consumption
- <75mW with Ample Margin at 230VAC
- <20mW with External Active Start-Up Circuit
- Robust Protection Features
- Input Over-Voltage Protection or Input X-Cap Discharge
- Output Over-Voltage Protection
- Over-Current Protection
- SD pin for external NTC Temperature Protection
- Advanced Fault Control Technology
- Helps Protect Cables and Connectors from Excessive Heat and Damage by Reducing Average Power During Short Circuit without Latching
iW1799 iW657P Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram