45W RapidCharge™ AC/DC Digital Controller with XM-Comm Technology and Advanced Protection Features
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Supports Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 with No Optocoupler; Companion to iW662
The iW1798 is a 45W output, high performance AC/DC RapidCharge™ power supply controller that integrates Dialog’s XM-Comm technology, eliminating all optocouplers from travel adapters to reduce cost and improve reliability. It supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, 2.0 and other rapid charging protocols.
The iW1798 is optimized to work with Dialog’s iW662 secondary-side synchronous rectifier controller and rapid charge interface IC. The secondary-side IC uses XM-Comm technology to transmit all necessary information via an optocoupler to the iW1798, including voltage requests, output current limits, output voltage undershoot, output over-voltage, and fault and reset signals.
The device offers a full array of advanced protection features, including an advanced fault protection technology that reduces power during a fault, an X-Cap discharge function to safely discharge the input capacitor when the travel adapter is unplugged, and Dialog’s advanced fault control technology to address soft short circuits in charger cables and connectors without latching off the output.
Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Output power - 45W+
- Optimized to Work with iW662 to Support Multiple RapidCharge Protocols:
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0
- XM-Comm - Proprietary Secondary-To-Primary Digital Communication via Power Transformer:
- Reduces BOM and Significantly Simplifies Design
- Handles All Rapid Charging Information
- Ultra-Low No-Load Power Consumption
- <75mW with Ample Margin at 230VAC
- <20mW with External Active Start-Up Circuit
- Robust Protection Features
- Output Over-Voltage Protection or X-Cap Discharge
- Over-Current Protection
- SD pin for external NTC Temperature Protection
- Advanced Fault Control Technology
- Helps Protect Cables and Connectors from Excessive Heat and Damage by Reducing Average Power without Needing a Latch
Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram