27W High Resolution RapidCharge™ AC/DC Digital Controller in Small SOT23-6
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Supports USB PD 3.0, Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 4+, and Direct Charge Adapters; Companion to the iW656P and iW657P USB PD 3.0 Controllers
The iW1797 is a compact, 27W, high performance AC/DC RapidCharge™ power supply controller that supports USB Power Delivery with Programmable Power Supply (USB PD PPS) and other rapid charging protocols. The device comes in a space-saving SOT23-6 package, reducing the total solution size for space-constrained applications. The iW1797 also offers high voltage and current resolution with the ability to step the voltage in 10mV increments up to 21V, ideal for USB PD PPS and Direct Charge adapters.
The iW1797 is optimized to work with Dialog’s iW656P and iW657P USB PD interface controllers in mobile device adapters to achieve fast and smooth voltage transition on request from the mobile device. The iW656P/iW657P accepts fast charging protocols, including USB PD and transmits all necessary information via an optocoupler to the iW1797, including voltage requests, output current limits, output voltage undershoot, output over-voltage, and fault and reset signals.
The device offers a full array of advanced protection features, including an advanced fault protection technology that reduces power during a fault.
Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Output power – 27W
- Small-Size SOT23-6 Package – Reduces Solution Size
- Optimized to Work with iW656P and iW657P to Support Multiple RapidCharge Protocols:
- USB PD 3.0 and 2.0
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge 4+
- Backwards Compatible with Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0/3.0
- Direct Charge
- Other Proprietary OEM Protocols
- Proprietary Secondary-To-Primary Digital Communication and Built-In Decoder:
- Reduces BOM and Significantly Simplifies Design
- Single Optocoupler for All Rapid Charging Information
- High Resolution Voltage and Current Control
- 10mV/Step up to 21V – Key for USB PD PPS and Direct Charge
- Ultra-Low No-Load Power Consumption
- <75mW with Ample Margin at 230VAC
- <20mW with external active start-up circuit
- Robust Protection Features
- Output Over-Voltage Protection
- Over-Current Protection
- Advanced Fault Control Technology
- Helps Protect Cables and Connectors from Excessive Heat and Damage by Reducing Average Power During Short Circuit without Latching
- RapidCharge AC/DC Power Adapters for Smartphones, Tablets and Other Mobile Devices Equipped with USB PD, Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0, Direct Charge Protocols
iW1797 iW656P Typical Applications Diagram
iW1797 iW657P Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram