27W Low BOM Cost RapidCharge™ AC/DC Digital Controller with XM-Comm Technology in Small SOT23-6
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Supports Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 with No Optocoupler; Companion to iW662 RapidCharge™ + Synchronous Rectifier Controller IC
The iW1796 is a 27W output, high performance AC/DC RapidCharge™ power supply controller that integrates Dialog’s XM-Comm technology, eliminating all optocouplers from travel adapters to reduce cost and improve reliability. The device comes in an SOT23-6 package, reducing the total solution size for space-sensitive travel adapter applications. The device can support Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and 2.0 and other rapid charging protocols.
It is optimized to work with Dialog’s iW662 secondary-side synchronous rectifier controller and rapid charge interface IC. The iW662 IC uses XM-Comm technology to transmit all necessary information via an optocoupler to the iW1796, including voltage requests, output current limits, output voltage undershoot, output over-voltage, and fault and reset signals.
A full array of protection features includes Dialog’s advanced fault control technology to address soft short circuits in charger cables and connectors without latching off the output.
Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Output power – 27W
- Optimized to Work with iW662 to Support Multiple RapidCharge Protocols:
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0
- XM-Comm - Proprietary Secondary-To-Primary Digital Communication via Power Transformer:
- Reduces BOM and Significantly Simplifies Design
- Handles All Rapid Charging Information
- SOT23-6 Package – Reduces Solution Size
- High Resolution – 10mV Step Capable up to 21V
- Ideal for USB PD Programmable Power Supply (PPS) and Other Protocols
- Ultra-Low No-Load Power Consumption
- <75mW with Ample Margin at 230VAC
- <20mW with External Active Start-Up Circuit
- Robust Protection Features
- Output Over-Voltage Protection
- Over-Current Protection
- Advanced Fault Control Technology
- Helps Protect Cables and Connectors from Excessive Heat and Damage by Reducing Average Power without Needing a Latch
Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram