Rapid Charge™ AC/DC Digital Controller
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Supports Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0, 2.0 Protocols; companion to the iW636
The iW1780H high performance AC/DC RapidCharge™ power supply controller pairs with Dialog’s iW636 secondary-side IC to provide a simple, low cost, high efficiency solution to support Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and 2.0 protocols.
The iW1780H uses a unique secondary-to-primary digital communication link signal to receive all rapid charge commands from the iW636 via a single optocoupler.
A full array of protection features integrated in the iW1780H include Dialog’s SmartDefender™ advanced hiccup technology to address soft short circuits in charger cables and connectors, helping to prevent excessive heat build-up and damage. Learn more about SmartDefender™ smart hiccup technology here.
Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Supports Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 and 2.0 Protocols
- Proprietary Secondary-To-Primary Digital Communication and Built-In Decoder:
- Reduces BOM and Significantly Simplifies Design
- Single Optocoupler for All Rapid Charge Information
- Low No-Load Power Consumption <10mW
- High Efficiency up to 90%
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Output Over-Voltage Protection
- Over-Current Protection
- SmartDefender™ Smart Hiccup Technology
- Helps Protect Cables and Connectors from Excessive Heat and Damage by Reducing Average Power During Short Circuit by at Least 50%
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 or 2.0 Power Adapters
- Rapid-charging AC/DC Adapters for Smartphones, Tablets, Other Portable Devices (3.6V-12V, 1A-3A)
Typical applications diagram
Functional block diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.