AC/DC Secondary-Side Controller for Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 USB Interface
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
The iW636 is a Rapid Charge™ secondary-side controller for USB interface supporting Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology and secondary-to-primary communication protocol, that works with the iW1782 or iW1780H primary-side AC/DC digital controller with to enable rapid charging of QC3.0/QC2.0-enabled mobile devices (MDs).
The iW636 integrates an opto-coupler driver that relays commands to the iW1782 or iW1780H AC/DC controllers. These chipsets provide efficiency as high as 90% to enable the higher power density needed for small form-factor fast charging adapters. It also uses Dialog's SmartDefender™ smart hiccup technology to help address soft shorts in cables and connectors. Learn more about SmartDefender smart hiccup technology here.
Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Supports Qualcomm® Quick ChargeTM 3.0 technology High Voltage Dedicated Charging Port (HVDCP) to provide VBUS from 3.6V to 12V in 200mV increments
- Double-layer cable protection:
- Proprietary secondary-to-primary digital communication eliminates discrete decoders in the primary side and simplifies system designs
- Single opto-coupler transmits all information for rapid charge: output voltage requests, output current limits, output voltage undershoot (UV), over-voltage protection (OVP), and fault and reset signals
- Adaptive OVP/UV detection for most VBUS levels
- Backward compatible with QC2.0 and USB Battery Charging Specification Revision 1.2 (USB BC1.2)
- Pin-to-pin compatible with iW626
- Programmable active fast discharge from a high voltage VBUS level to 5V at mobile device unplug or upon request with built-in switch or external switch
- Normally OFF state with <150 µA cut-off current during 5V steady-state operation to achieve <10mW overall system no-load power consumption
- Wide operating voltage range from 3V to 16V
- Built-in opto-coupler LED driver with minimum driving current of 2mA
- Rapid-charging AC/DC adapters for smart phones, tablets, and other portable devices
iW636 Typical Applications Diagram
iW636 Functional Block Diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.