AC/DC Adapter Interface IC Compatible with Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 Technology
Not Recommended for New Designs
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 solution companion to the iW1780
The iW626 is a Rapid Charge™ secondary-side interface and communication IC that works with the iW1780 primary-side AC/DC digital controller to enable a low-cost Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 compliant adapter solution for smartphone and tablet power supplies.
The iW626 integrates an opto-coupler driver that relays commands to the iW1780 AC/DC controller. The iW626+iW1780 chipset provides efficiency as high as 88% to enable the higher power density needed for small form-factor fast charging adapters. It also uses Dialog's SmartDefender™ smart hiccup technology to help address soft shorts in cables and connectors. Learn more about SmartDefender smart hiccup technology here.
The iW626 is UL verified. Read the UL Verification Certificate for the iW626.
Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Supports Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 Technology High Voltage Dedicated Charging Port (HVDCP) Class A Applications – 5V, 9V and 12V outputs.
- UL Verified
- Backwards compatible with USB Battery Charging Specification Revision 1.2 (USB BC1.2) Dedicated Charging Port (DCP)
- Unique Secondary-Primary Communication Technology
- Relays Output Voltage Requests, Output Current Limits, Output Voltage Undershoot and Over-Voltage Protection
- Single Opto-Coupler Relays Information from iW626 (Secondary) to iW1780 (Primary)
- Programmable Active Fast Discharge Switch
- Quickly Discharges VOUT from 9V/12V to 5V at Portable Device Unplug or Upon Request
- 10mW No-Load Standby Power Consumption at 5V Steady-State Operation
- 6-lead SOT-23 package
- Fault protection
- Pin-to-pin short circuit protection
- Floating pin detection
- Rapid Charge™ power adapters for mobile electronics
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 technology HVDCP Class A (5V, 9V, 12V) adapters
Typical applications diagram
Functional block diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.