AccuSwitch™ Off-Line Digital PWM Converter with 800V Bipolar Power Transistor
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Optimized for 5W output power applications
Integrated with a highly accurate control circuit, the iW1816 operates in a quasi-resonant mode allowing it to easily meet global energy efficiency standards, with less than 30mW of no-load power consumption.
The iW1816 includes an adaptive soft-start circuit which intelligently controls start-up over a range of output voltages from 5V to 12V and higher, and into capacitive loads up to 6000uF, making it ideal for applications such as smart meters, home appliances, and networking equipment. The iW1816 also incorporates Dialog's PrimAccurate™ primary-side digital control algorithms that enable a fully isolated solution without the need for an optocoupler, reducing cost and solution size while greatly improving reliability. Additional functionality includes full protection from over temperature, over voltage and over current conditions as well as EZ-EMI® design techniques to allow for a solution that easily meets global EMI specifications.
- Meets Proposed Mandatory Federal Efficiency Standards for External Power Supplies1
- AccuSwitch™ - Integrated 800V Power BJT
- Adaptively Controlled Soft Start-up - Fast Yet Smooth Start-up Into Large Capacitive Loads
- Optimized for 5W Output Power Range Capable
- Easily Meets Energy-Star® AC-DC Power Supply Efficiency Specs (Rev 2.0)
- Less than 30mW No-Load Power Consumption
- PrimAccurate™ - Primary-Side Control, No Opto-Coupler Needed
- Quasi-resonant Control for Optimal Efficiency
- EZ-EMI™ Design to Easily Meet Global EMI Specifications
- 64kHz PWM Switching Frequency
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions:
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Smart Meters
- Motor Control
- Networking Devices
- Home Automation and Appliances
Typical applications diagram
Functional block diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.