AccuSwitch™ Off-Line Digital PWM Converter with 800V Bipolar Power Transistor in Thermally Efficient P-DIP7
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
64kHz integrated BJT optimized for 12Vout, 7W output
The iW1815 is an AccuSwitch™ digital PWM controller that simplifies design and lowers cost in power supplies. The iW1815 integrates a highly accurate control circuit with an 800V-rated BJT power switch. The output is optimized for a 12V output voltage at loads up to 7W and is designed to start up into large output capacitors (6,000µF). It operates in a quasi-resonant mode to optimize efficiency and also incorporates a low-power mode that achieves <30mW no-load power consumption, easily meeting global energy efficiency standards, ideal for applications such as energy-standard compliant home appliances.
Dialog's PrimAccurate™ primary-side digital control algorithms enable a fully isolated solution without the need for an optocoupler, reducing cost and solution size while improving reliability. Additional functionality includes full protection from over-temperature, over-voltage and over-current conditions as well as EZ-EMI® technology to easily meet global EMI specifications.
- 1W – 7W Output Power
- AccuSwitch™ - Integrated 800V Power BJT
- PrimAccurate™ Primary-Side Control
- No Optocoupler Needed
- Intelligent Digital Control Loop for Accurate Voltage Cross-Regulation
- Meets Global Energy Efficiency Standards
- < 30mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Quasi-resonant Control for Optimal Efficiency
- Adaptively Controlled Soft Start-up
- Fast, Smooth Start-up Into Large Capacitive Loads
- Optimized for 12VOUT and large COUT
- EZ-EMI™ Design to Easily Meet Global EMI Specifications
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions:
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Thermally Efficient PDIP-7 Package to Support High Power
- Smart Meters
- Motor Control
- Networking Devices
- Home Automation and Appliances
- Networking Devices
- Industrial Appliances
Typical applications diagram
Functional block diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.