AccuSwitch™ Off-Line Digital PWM Converter with 800V Bipolar Power Transistor
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
64kHz integrated BJT optimized for 5Vout, 5W output
The iW1812 is a high performance AC/DC converter with an integrated 800V power Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT). Capable of 5W output power, the iW1812 operates in a quasi-resonant mode to optimize efficiency and it also incorporates a low-power mode that enables less than 30mW of power consumption at no load, meeting global energy efficiency standards, making it ideal for applications such as energy standard compliant home appliances.
The iW1812 also incorporates Dialog's PrimAccurate™ primary-side digital control algorithms that enable a fully isolated solution without the need for an optocoupler, reducing cost and solution size while greatly improving reliability. Additional functionality includes full protection from over temperature, over voltage and over current conditions as well as EZ-EMI® design techniques to allow for a solution that easily meets global EMI specifications.
- AccuSwitch™ - Integrated 800V BJT
- 5W Output Power Range Capable
- Easily Meets Energy-Star® AC/DC Power Supply Efficiency Specs (Rev 2.0)
- Less than 30mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Ultra-Low 1.7uA Start-Up Current
- PrimAccurate™ - Primary-Side Control, No Opto-Coupler Needed
- Quasi-resonant Control for Optimal Efficiency
- EZ-EMI® Design to Easily Meet Global EMI Specifications
- 64kHz PWM Switching Frequency
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current
- Input Undervoltage Protection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Smart Meters
- Motor Control
- Industrial Power Supplies
- Home Automation and Appliances
Typical applications diagram
Functional block diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.