Rapid Charge™ AC/DC Digital Quasi-Resonant PWM Controller
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Compatible Solution; companion to the iW636
The iW1782 is a high performance AC/DC power supply controller for rapid charge that uses digital control technology to build peak-current mode PWM flyback power supplies. The iW1782 is optimized to work with Dialog’s iW636 secondary-side controller for Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 technology, to achieve fast and smooth voltage transition upon request by mobile devices (MD). When paired with the iW636, the iW1782 eliminates the discrete decoders on the primary side, minimizes the external component count and simplifies system designs. The iW636 can communicate with the iW1782 through one opto-coupler for all the necessary rapid charge information including output voltage requests, output current limits, output voltage undershoot and output over-voltage.
The iW1782 also incorporates Dialog’s SmartDefender™ smart hiccup technology to address soft short circuits in charger cables and connectors helping to prevent excessive heat build-up and damage. Learn more about SmartDefender smart hiccup technology here.
Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Supports rapid charge technologies such as Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 (QC3.0) technology to provide 3.6V to 12V in 200mV increments with userselected various output current limit combinations
- Proprietary secondary-to-primary digital communication and built-in decoder eliminate discrete decoder and significantly simplify system design
- Single opto-coupler for all the rapid charge information: output voltage request, output current limit, output voltage undershoot, and over-voltage protection
- Tight multi-level constant-voltage and multi-level constant-current regulation with primary-side feedback and control
- Ultra-low no-load power consumption with lowest system cost (<10mW at 230VAC with typical 5V2A setting using Schottky diode rectifier; <20mW at 230VAC with typical 5V2A setting using synchronous rectifier)
- Fast dynamic load response (DLR) with secondaryside load transient detection
- Proprietary optimized load adaptive maximum constant frequency PWM switching with quasi-resonant operation achieves best size, efficiency, and common mode noise
- Multi-mode PWM/PFM control improves efficiency at various load conditions
- User-configurable 4-level cable drop compensation independent of output voltage
- EZ-EMI® design enhances manufacturability
- Built-in single-point fault protections against output short-circuit including soft short and half short, output over-voltage, and output over-current
- SmartDefender™ smart hiccup technology helps address issues of soft shorts in cables and connectors by effectively reducing the average output power at fault conditions without latch
- User-configurable external shutdown control
- No audible noise over entire operating range
- Rapid-charging AC/DC adapters for smart phones, tablets and other portable devices (3.6V-12V, 1A-3A).
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.