Rapid Charge™ AC/DC Digital Controller
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Simple, Low-Cost Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 Compatible Solution; companion to the iW626
The iW1780 Rapid Charge™ AC/DC controller works with the iW626 secondary-side IC to provide a simple, low-cost Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 adapter solution, while achieving efficiency as high as 88% to enable the high power density needed for small form-factor fast-charging smartphone and mobile device adapters.
It uses a unique secondary-to-primary digital communication link signal to receive all rapid charge commands from the iW626 through a single opto-coupler in the iW626.
The iW1780 also incorporates Dialog’s SmartDefender™ smart hiccup technology to address soft short circuits in charger cables and connectors helping to prevent excessive heat build-up and damage. Learn more about SmartDefender smart hiccup technology here.
Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Unique Secondary-to-Primary Digital Communication Link Signal for Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 Adapter Applications
- iW626 and iW1780 Communicate via Proprietary Opto-Coupled Communication Link
- Meets DoE External Power Supply Regulation and EU CoC Version 5, Tier 2
- <10mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Fast Dynamic Load Response
- Active Start-Up Reduces Start-Up Time without Increasing No-Load Power Consumption
- Selectable Voltage Offset Compensation for Voltage Loss in Cables and Connectors (5 Options)
- Selectable via Single Resistor
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Output Over-Voltage Protection
- Over-Current Protection
- SmartDefender™ Smart Hiccup Technology
- Helps Address Soft-Shorts in Cables, Connectors without Latching Off
- Helps Protect Cables and Connectors from Excessive Heat and Damage by Reducing Average Power During Short Circuit by at Least 50%
- Rapid Charge power adapters for mobile electronics
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 technology HVDCP Class A (5V, 9V, 12V) adapters
Typical applications diagram
Functional block diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.