PrimAccurate™ High-Performance N-Channel MOSFET Digital PWM Controller for Power Adapters
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Selectable cable drop compensation
The iW1761 is a high performance AC/DC controller designed to drive an external power N-channel MOSFET for peak current mode PWM flyback power supplies. Optimized for output power between 10W-12W, the iW1761 is ideal for power adapters in portable electronics such as smart phones and media tablets.
The iW1761 easily meets the US DoE’s external power supply standard and the EU’s Code of Conduct, version 5, tier 2 standard, with no-load power consumption less than 10mW while complying with active mode efficiency requirements. As a PrimAccurate™ controller, the iW1761 does not need any direct secondary-side feedback components, eliminating the need for optocouplers, reducing component count and solution cost. Additional features include Dialog's proprietary EZ-EMI™ technology, adaptive multi-mode PWM/PFM control for optimal efficiency across all loads, 5 selectable cable and connector voltage drop compensation voltages, robust operation with full protection from over-voltage and over-temperature.
- Easily Meets DoE External Power Supply and EU Code of Conduct, Version 5, Tier 2 Standards
- Less than 10mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Active Start-Up Reduces Turn-on Time without Impacting No-load Power Consumption
- Optimized for Output Power Range of 10W to 12W
- Ultra-low 300uA Operating Current at No-Load
- 89kHz PWM Switching Frequency
- Selectable Voltage Offset Compensation for Voltage Loss in Cables and Connectors (5 Options)
- Selectable via single resistor to ground
- PrimAccurate™- Primary-Side Control, No Optocoupler Needed
- Intrinsically Low Noise Solution - No Audible Noise Over Entire Operating Range
- Adaptive Multi-Mode PWM/PFM Control for Optimal Efficiency Across Load Range
- EZ-EMI™ Design to Easily Meet Global EMI Specifications
- Fast Dynamic Load Regulation
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Over-Voltage/Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current
- Input Undervoltage Protection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Power Adapters for Smart Phones and Media Tablets
- AC/DC Adapters for Consumer Electronics
- Optimized for Universal Input AC/DC Adapters (10W-12W)
Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.