PrimAccurate™ High Power, Off-Line Digital PWM N-Channel MOSFET Controller
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Digital PWM current-mode controller for quasi-resonant operations
The iW1710 is a high performance, high power AC/DC controller designed to drive an N-channel power MOSFET for peak current mode 10W-40W PWM flyback power supplies. Ideal for power adapters in networking applications such as wireless gateways, cable modems and ADSL modems, the iW1710 offers no load power consumption less than 150mW.
As a PrimAccurate™ controller, which use primary-side control algorithms, the iW1710 does not need any direct secondary-side feedback components, eliminating the need for optocouplers, reducing component count and solution cost. Additional features include Dialog's proprietary EZ-EMI™ technology, quasi-resonant control for optimal efficiency at heavy loads, cable and connector voltage drop compensation options and full protection from fault conditions.
For Improved Performance - See iW1760
- Less than 150mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Ideal for 10W-40W Power Supplies
- Low 10uA Start-Up Current
- 130kHz PWM Switching Frequency
- PrimAccurate™ - Primary-Side Control, No Optocoupler Needed
- Quasi-resonant Control for Optimal Efficiency
- Fast Dynamic Load Regulation
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Output Overvoltage
- Sense Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Overtemperature and Overvoltage Protection (Latchable)
- Input Undervoltage and Overvoltage Protection
- SOIC-8 Package
- 10W-40W Power Supplies for Networking Applications
- ADSL Modems, Cable Modems, Wireless Access Points and VOIP Gateways
Typical Applications Diagram
Functional block diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.