PrimAccurate™ Digital Off-Line Controller with <50mW No-Load Power Consumption for Power Supplies up to 12W
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Off-line digital green-mode quasi-resonant PWM controller
The iW1709 digital off-line controller offers fast start-up into high capacitive loads, very low standby power consumption (<50mW) and a cost-optimized BOM, working with low-cost BJT power devices for off-line power supplies up to 12W. By meeting the U.S. Department of Energy’s external power supply efficiency requirements and Version 5, Tier 2 of the EU’s Code of Conduct for external power supplies, the iW1709 fits ideally into home networking equipment, home appliances, wireless access points and set-top boxes.
Integrating Dialog's PrimAccurate™ and EZ-EMI® technologies enables easy-to-design solutions and reduces BOM cost by eliminating the need for an external optical feedback isolator. The iW1709 also integrates cable drop compensation options, compensating for voltage drop in the cables and connectors, ensuring the proper voltage makes it to the load. A full complement of protection features enables robust operation in the event of a short circuit, over-voltage, input under-voltage or over-temperature condition.
- Adaptively Controlled Soft Start-up - Fast and Smooth Start-up Into Large Capacitive Loads
- Active Start-Up Circuit to Reduce Turn-On Time without Increasing No-Load Power
- Meets Department of Energy and EU's CoC, Version 5, Tier 2 External Power Supply Efficiency Standards
- Less than 50mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Intrinsically Low Noise Solution - No Audible Noise Over Entire Operating Range
- Cable Drop Compensation Options
- PrimAccurate™ - Primary-Side Control, No Opto-Coupler Needed
- Quasi-resonant Control for Optimal Efficiency
- EZ-EMI® Design to Easily Meet Global EMI Specifications
- Fast Dynamic Load Response
- SOIC-8 Package
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current
- Input Undervoltage Protection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
Typical applications diagram
Functional block diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.