PrimAccurate™ Digital Controller in a SOT-23 Package
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Low-power off-line digital green-mode PWM controller
The iW1707 is a high performance AC/DC controller designed to drive an external power bipolar junction transistor (BJT) for peak current mode PWM flyback power supplies. Ideal for networking power supplies in applications such as ADSL modems and wireless access points, the iW1707 integrates a proprietary soft-start feature that allows for a smooth, yet fast start-up into capacitive loads between 330uF to 6000uF.
The iW1707 meets the US DoE’s external power supply standard and the EU’s Code of Conduct, version 5, tier 1 standard with no-load power consumption less than 100mW. As a PrimAccurate™ controller, which use primary-side control algorithms, the iW1707 does not need any direct secondary-side feedback components, eliminating the need for optocouplers, reducing component count and solution cost. Additional features include Dialog's proprietary EZ-EMI™ technology, quasi-resonant control for optimal efficiency at heavy loads, cable and connector voltage drop compensation options, full protection from fault conditions and tiny packaging.
- Adaptively Controlled Soft Start-up - Fast Yet Smooth Start-up Into Large Capacitive Loads
- Active Start-Up Circuit to Reduce Turn-on Time without Increasing No-Load Power
- Intrinsically Low Noise Solution - No Audible Noise Over Entire Operating Range
- Active Start-Up Circuit to Reduce Turn-on Time
- 72kHz PWM Switching Frequency
- Meets DoE External Power Supply and EU Code of Conduct, Version 5, Tier 1 Standards
- Less than 100mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Voltage Offset Compensation for Voltage Loss in Cables and Connectors (3 Options)
- PrimAccurate™ - Primary-Side Control, No Opto-Coupler Needed
- Quasi-resonant Control for Optimal Efficiency
- EZ-EMI® Design to Easily Meet Global EMI Specifications
- Fast Dynamic Load Regulation
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current
- Input Undervoltage Protection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Networking Power Supplies
- ADSL Modems
- Wireless Access Points
Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.