PrimAccurate™ Off-Line Digital PWM Controller in a SOT-23 Package
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Optimized 72kHz max switching frequency
The iW1706 is a high performance AC/DC controller designed to drive an external power bipolar junction transistor (BJT) for peak current mode PWM flyback power supplies. Ideal for networking power supplies in applications such as ADSL modems and wireless access points, the iW1706 integrates a proprietary soft-start feature that allows for a smooth, yet fast start-up into capacitive loads between 330uF to 6000uF.
The iW1706 meets the US DoE’s external power supply standard and the EU’s Code of Conduct, version 5, tier 1 standard with no-load power consumption less than 100mW. As a PrimAccurate™ controller, which use primary-side control algorithms, the iW1706 does not need any direct secondary-side feedback components, eliminating the need for optocouplers, reducing component count and solution cost. Additional features include Dialog's proprietary EZ-EMI™ technology, quasi-resonant control for optimal efficiency at heavy loads, cable and connector voltage drop compensation options, full protection from fault conditions and tiny packaging.
- Meets Proposed Mandatory Federal Efficiency Standards for External Power Supplies1
- Adaptively Controlled Soft Start-up - Fast Yet Smooth Start-up Into Large Capacitive Loads
- Intrinsically Low Noise Solution - No Audible Noise Over Entire Operating Range
- 72kHz PWM Switching Frequency
- Easily Meets Energy-Star® AC/DC Power Supply Efficiency Specs (Rev 2.0)
- Less than 100mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Voltage Offset Compensation for Voltage Loss in Cables and Connectors (3 Options)
- PrimAccurate™ - Primary-Side Control, No Opto-Coupler Needed
- Quasi-resonant Control for Optimal Efficiency
- EZ-EMI™ Design to Easily Meet Global EMI Specifications
- Fast Dynamic Load Regulation
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current
- Input Undervoltage Protection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Networking Power Supplies
- ADSL Modems
- Wireless Access Points
Typical applications diagram
Functional block diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.