PrimAccurate™ Zero No-Load Power Off-Line Digital PWM Controller in a SOT-23 Package
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
< 5mW no-load standby power
The iW1700 is a high performance AC/DC controller designed to drive an external power bipolar junction transistor (BJT) for peak current mode PWM flyback power supplies. The iW1700 is a zero no-load power product, having less than 5mW of power consumption at no load, easily meeting the US DoE’s external power supply standard and the EU’s Code of Conduct, version 5, tier 2, external power supply standard. The virtually zero no-load power consumption makes it ideal for adapters in portable electronics and power supplies for consumer electronics.
As a PrimAccurate™ controller, which use primary-side control algorithms, the iW1700 does not need any direct secondary-side feedback components, eliminating the need for optocouplers, reducing component count and solution cost. Additional features include Dialog's proprietary EZ-EMI™ technology, quasi-resonant control for optimal efficiency at heavy loads, cable and connector voltage drop compensation options, full protection from fault conditions and tiny packaging.
- Zero No-Load Power Consumption - Easily Meets DoE External Power Supply and EU Code of Conduct, Version 5, Tier 2 Standards
- Less than 5mW at No-Load
- Meets Proposed Mandatory Federal Efficiency Standards for External Power Supplies1
- Low 1.7uA Start-Up Current
- Active Start-Up Circuit to Reduce Turn-on Time
- 72kHz PWM Switching Frequency
- Voltage Offset Compensation for Voltage Loss in Cables and Connectors (4 Options)
- PrimAccurate™ - Primary-Side Control, No Optocoupler Needed
- Intrinsically Low Noise Solution - No Audible Noise Over Entire Operating Range
- Quasi-resonant Control for Optimal Efficiency
- EZ-EMI™ Design to Easily Meet Global EMI Specifications
- Fast Dynamic Load Regulation
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current
- Input Undervoltage Protection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Power Adapters for Portable Electronics
- Consumer Electronics Power Supplies
- Linear AC/DC Power Supply Replacement
Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.