PrimAccurate™ Off-Line Digital PWM Controller in a SOT-23 Package
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
< 20mW no-load standby power
The iW1697 is a high performance AC/DC controller designed to drive an external power bipolar junction transistor (BJT) for peak current mode PWM flyback power supplies. Ideal for wall adapters in portable electronics and power supplies for consumer electronics, the iW1697 easily meets the Energy-Star® specification for AC/DC single output power supplies (rev 2.0) with no-load power consumption less than 20mW.
As a PrimAccurate™ controller, which use primary-side control algorithms, the iW1697 does not need any direct secondary-side feedback components, eliminating the need for opto-isolators, reducing component count and solution cost. Additional features include Dialog's proprietary EZ-EMI ™ technology, quasi-resonant control for optimal efficiency at heavy loads, cable and connector voltage drop compensation options, full protection from fault conditions and tiny packaging. The iW1697 comes in three options, the iW1697-01 with a 300mV voltage drop compensation offset, the iW1697-03 with a 450mV voltage drop compensation offset and the iW1697-05, with 150mV of offset compensation.
- Intrinsically Low Noise Solution - No Audible Noise Over Entire Operating Range
- Easily Meets Energy-Star® AC/DC Power Supply Efficiency Specs (Rev 2.0)
- Less than 20mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Low 1.5uA Start-Up Current
- Active Start-Up Circuit to Reduce Turn-on Time
- 40kHz PWM Switching Frequency
- Voltage Offset Compensation for Voltage Loss in Cables and Connectors (3 Options)
- PrimAccurate™ - Primary-Side Control, No Opto-Coupler Needed
- Quasi-resonant Control for Optimal Efficiency
- EZ-EMI™ Design to Easily Meet Global EMI Specifications
- Fast Dynamic Load Regulation
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current
- Input Undervoltage Protection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Power Adapters for Portable Electronics
- Consumer Electronics Power Supplies
- Linear AC/DC Power Supply Replacement
Typical applications diagram
Functional block diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.