Not Recommended for New Designs
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
10W output, < 30mW stand-by power, ultra-fast DLR with iW600
The iW1601 AC/DC digital PWM controller is designed for high power density, compact, low BOM-cost off-line power supplies up to 10W. It works with Dialog’s iW600 secondary-side voltage position controller for ultra-fast dynamic load response, while PrimAccurate™ primary-side control eliminates the need for an optocoupler.
The iW1601 directly drives a BJT for softer switching versus FETs, improving EMI and reducing the number of EMI filtering components.
With no-load power consumption of < 30mW, the iW1601 enables power supplies that easily meet the most stringent of global energy efficiency standards.
Comprehensive protection features include SmartDefender™ advanced hiccup technology to help address soft short circuits in cables and connectors. Learn more about SmartDefender advanced hiccup technology here.
- 10W Output Power
- Drives External Low-Cost BJT
- Easily Meets DoE External Power Supply and EU Code of Conduct, Version 5, Tier 2 Standards
- < 30mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Works with iW600 for Ultra-Fast Dynamic Load Response (DLR)
- Quasi-Resonant Control Optimizes Efficiency at All Loads
- PrimAccurate™ - Primary-Side Control, No Optocoupler Needed
- User-Configurable Voltage Offset Compensation for Voltage Loss in Cables and Connectors (4 Options)
- EZ-EMI™ Design to Easily Meet Global EMI Specifications
- SmartDefender™ Advanced Hiccup Technology
- Helps Address Soft-Shorts in Cables, Connectors without Latching Off
- Helps Protect Cables and Connectors from Excessive Heat and Damage by Reducing Average Power During Short Circuit by at Least 50%
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current
- Input Under-Voltage Protection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- 10W AC/DC Travel Adapters for Smartphones and Tablets
- AC/DC Offline Power Supplies for Consumer Electronics
Typical applications diagram
Functional block diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.