10W AC/DC Digital Controller with <10mW Stand-by Power, Integrated Active Start0up Circuit and Fast DLR
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Designed for high power density, compact, low BOM-cost off-line 10W power supplies
The iW1600 PWM controller works with Dialog’s iW600 secondary-side voltage position controller for ultra-fast dynamic load response, while PrimAccurate™ primary-side control eliminates the need for an optocoupler.
The iW1600 directly drives a BJT for softer switching versus FETs, improving EMI and reducing the number of EMI filtering components.
With no-load power consumption of < 10mW, the iW1600 integrates an active start-up circuit for the shortest start-up time without sacrificing no-load power consumption.
Comprehensive protection features include SmartDefender™ advanced hiccup technology to help address soft short circuits in cables and connectors. Learn more about SmartDefender advanced hiccup technology here.
Works with the iW600 voltage position controller for ultra-fast DLR
- 10W Output Power
- Drives External Low-Cost BJT
- Integrated Active Start-up Circuit
- Easily Meets DoE External Power Supply and EU Code of Conduct, Version 5, Tier 2 Standards
- < 10mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Works with iW600 for Ultra-Fast Dynamic Load Response (DLR)
- Quasi-Resonant Control Optimizes Efficiency at All Loads
- PrimAccurate™ - Primary-Side Control, No Optocoupler Needed
- User-Configurable Voltage Offset Compensation for Voltage Loss in Cables and Connectors (4 Options)
- EZ-EMI™ Design to Easily Meet Global EMI Specifications
- SmartDefender™ Smart Hiccup Technology
- Helps Address Soft-Shorts in Cables, Connectors without Latching Off
- Helps Protect Cables and Connectors from Excessive Heat and Damage by Reducing Average Power During Short Circuit by at Least 50%
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current
- Input Under-Voltage Protection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- 10W AC/DC Travel Adapters for Smartphones and Tablets
- AC/DC Offline Power Supplies for Consumer Electronics
Typical applications diagram
Functional block diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.