Highly Integrated Smart IGBT Controller Simplifies Induction Heat Appliance Design
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Integrated IGBT Driver, Optimized State Machine and Advanced Protection Features
The iW248 provides a unique combination of digital controller and analog driver blocks in one IC, providing an optimized solution for driving induction heating elements in rice cookers and induction cooktop appliances. Integrating virtually all discrete components normally used to drive and protect IGBTs, plus an optimized state machine digital core that replaces a traditional microcontroller, the iW248 significantly reduces solution size and eliminates up to 35 components.
The iW248 also features a proprietary low-power continuous mode that allows for smooth operation at low power states and control in 10W increments for induction cooktop applications up to 2100W.
Watch and learn why iW248 is an optimized solution for driving induction heating elements
- Integrated IGBT Controller
- Valley-mode Switching Control
- Optimized State Machine Core
- Eliminates Need for MCU
- Low-power Continuous-Mode Operation with 10W Resolution Power Control
- Built-in Pot Detection Circuit
- Protects IGBT from Damage
- Multiple Protection Features, Including Programmable:
- Over-voltage Protection – IGBT Collector
- Three Dedicated Over-temperature Protection Pins
- Input Surge Protection
- Output Power Compensation
- DLNK – isolated communication protocol
- I2C – non-isolated communication
- Induction heating applications
- Rice cookers
Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.