45W Digital AC/DC PWM Controller with Configurable Light Load Operation Mode Optimized for 9V+ Applications
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
< 75mW No-Load Power with Fast DLR
The iW1702 is a digital offline controller for AC/DC power supplies up to 45W optimized for 9V or greater output voltages. The part uses Dialog’s PrimAccurate™ primary-side control technology, eliminating the need for an optical isolation device on the secondary, reducing component count and cost.
For highest power density power supplies, the iW1702 can be paired with Dialog’s iW676 digital synchronous rectifier controller, which drives a power MOSFET on the secondary of the power supply to replace the main rectifying diode.
The iW1702 integrates a unique light load operation mode that allows the user to configure the minimum switching frequency at light load through an external resistor. The higher the light load mode switching frequency, the better the dynamic load response (DLR). If the lowest switching frequency is chosen, the no-load power consumption is reduced, negatively impacting the DLR performance. In this case, the iW676 offers integrated active voltage position (AVP) control options that can be used for faster DLR while keeping the no-load power consumption < 75mW.
A full array of protection features are integrated, including SmartDefender™ advanced hiccup technology to protect against soft shorts in cables and connectors. Learn more about SmartDefender smart hiccup technology here.
- 45W Maximum Output Power
- iW1702-0X/3X Options:
- External Supplemental Output Over-Voltage Protection, Optimized for 9V+ Output Voltages
- iW1702-1X Options:
- External Input Over-Voltage Protection, Supports 5V+ Output Voltages
- Programmable Light Load Mode to Optimize No-Load Power Consumption and DLR
- < 75mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Compliant with DoE Level VI and EU’s CoC, Version 5, Tier 2 External Power Supply Standards
- PrimAccurate Primary-Side Regulation Technology
- Eliminates the Need for Optocoupler
- SmartDefender Advanced Hiccup Technology
- Protects from Soft Shorts In Cables and Connectors
- Additional Protection Features
- Output Short Circuit Protection
- Output Over Current Protection
- Over Temperature Protection
Typical Application Diagram
Functional Block Diagram
|iW1702 Product Summary||24/10/2017||Rev. 1.4|
|International External Power Supply Regulations Whitepaper|
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.