PrimAccurate™ Off-Line Digital PWM N-Channel MOSFET Controller
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
The iW1691 is a high performance AC/DC controller designed to drive an N-channel power MOSFET for peak current mode PWM flyback power supplies. Ideal for power adapters for applications such as mobile computing and communcations and standby power supplies in consumer electronics, the iW1691 meets the US DoE's external power supply standard and the EU's Code of Conduct, version 5, tier 1 efficiency standard with no load power consumption less than 100mW.
As a PrimAccurate™ controller, which use primary-side control algorithms, the iW1691 does not need any direct secondary-side feedback components, eliminating the need for optocouplers, reducing component count and solution cost. Additional features include Dialog's proprietary EZ-EMI™ technology, quasi-resonant control for optimal efficiency at heavy loads, cable and connector voltage drop compensation options and full protection from fault conditions, including an overtemperature protection feature with and without a latching option. The iW1691 comes in several different combinations of cable compensation voltage (0mV to 400mV) and protection features.
For Improved Performance - See iW1699B
Meets DoE External Power Supply and EU Code of Conduct Version 5, Tier 1 standards
- < 100mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Low 10uA Start-Up Current
- 130kHz PWM Switching Frequency
- PrimAccurate™ - Primary-Side Control, No Optocoupler Needed
- Quasi-resonant Control for Optimal Efficiency
- Fast Dynamic Load Regulation
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Output Overvoltage
- Sense Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Overtemperature and Overvoltage Protection (Latchable)
- Input Undervoltage and Overvoltage Protection
- AC/DC Power Adapters for Cell Phones and Digital Still Cameras
- Standby Power Supply for Consumer Electronics - DVD Players, Set-Top Boxes
Typical applications diagram
Functional Block Diagram
Product Briefs and Summaries
- iW1691 Datasheet (1.59 MB)
White Papers & Technical Articles
- What is Digital Power White Paper (597.24 KB)
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.