PrimAccurate™ Off-Line Digital PWM N-Channel MOSFET Controller in a SOT-23 Package
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
High performance AC/DC controller
The iW1689 is a high performance AC/DC controller designed to drive an external power N-channel MOSFET for peak current mode PWM flyback power supplies. Ideal for power adapters for applications such as mobile computing and communcations and standby power supplies in consumer electronics, the iW1689 offers no-load power consumption less than 150mW. As a PrimAccurate™ controller, which use primary-side control algorithms, the iW1689 does not need any direct secondary-side feedback components, eliminating the need for optocouplers, reducing component count and solution cost. Additional features include quasi-resonant control for optimal efficiency at heavy loads, low start-up current, full protection from fault conditions and tiny packaging. The iW1689 is available with a 40kHz fixed switching frequency (iW1689-00).
- Less than 150mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Low 8uA Start-Up Current
- iW1689-00 - 40kHz PWM Switching Frequency
- PrimAccurate™ - Primary-Side Control, No Optocoupler Needed
- Quasi-resonant Control for Optimal Efficiency
- Tiny SOT-23-5 Package
- Fast Dynamic Load Regulation
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Output Overvoltage
- Input Undervoltage and Overvoltage Protection
- AC/DC Power Adapters for Cell Phones and Digital Still Cameras
- Standby Power Supply for Consumer Electronics - DVD Players, Set-Top Boxes
Typical applications diagram
Functional block diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.