Single-Stage, 20W Non-Dimmable Off-Line SSL LED Driver with High PF and Low Ripple
High-power factor and low-ripple current
The iW3628 integrates high power factor (PF), low output ripple and low total harmonic distortion (THD) in a single-stage SSL LED driver for isolated and non-isolated, 20W, non-dimmable LED replacement bulb applications.
The iW3628 integrates a unique hybrid control scheme that allows designers to configure PF between >0.7 and >0.9 to manage the trade-off between PF and LED output current ripple. This unique feature enables high PF and low ripple from a low-cost solution.
The iW3628 reduces the BOM cost and solution size by incorporating Dialog’s proprietary PrimAccurate™ technology, eliminating the need for a secondary side regulator and optical feedback isolator. It also uses lower-cost BJTs, so there is no need for high-voltage electrolytic capacitors.
- Configurable PF to Manage Trade-Offs Between PF and Output Ripple
- PF from >0.7 (Lower Ripple) to >0.9 (Higher Ripple)
- Low THD <20%
- Ideal for 20W Off-Line Solid-State Lighting Applications
- User-Configurable Internal LED Derating Over-Temperature Protection
- Three Selectable Temperature Thresholds
- Maintains Light Output in Fault Condition
- Hysteresis Allows Smooth Transition Back to Normal Operation
- Fully Protected
- Over-Voltage/Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage, Over-Current and Short Circuit
- Open LED Fault Detection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Solid State Lighting
- LED Lighting Ballast
Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram
We will provide up to five parts free of charge and our sales team will provide pricing for sample orders exceeding five parts. To initiate your request, please complete the form below.