10W Off-Line LED Driver for Dimmable Solid State Lighting, Single-Stage
AC/DC digital power controller optimised for dimmable LED luminaries
Optimized for use in 100V AC systems, the iW3602-00 provides an efficient, low cost solution for LED luminaires at power levels from 3W to 10W.
Incorporating both Dialog's proprietary PrimAccurate™ primary-side control technology and a simplified version of Dialog's proprietary Flickerless™ technology, the iW3602-00 eliminates LED flicker and minimizes the external component count by removing the need for both the traditional opto-coupler and external compensation components, reducing solution size and cost. The iW3602-00 also offers tight control of the LED current, full dimming capability and full functionality when no dimmer is present, including automatic detection when there is no dimmer present and full protection for a variety of possible fault conditions. For applications covering an input voltage range of 100VAC to 230VAC, please see the iW3602.
Part of the protection features integrated into the iW3602-00 is an over-temperature protection circuit that works with an external NTC resistor to reduce the drive to the output LEDs when an over-temperature condition is detected. This feature enables continuous light output while protecting the entire LED driver circuit. For more detailed information, click here.
- Optimized for 3W to 10W LED Driver Applications in 100VAC Systems
- Reduced Component Count for Space and Cost Sensitive Applications
- PrimAccurate™ - Isolated Off-Line AC/DC Controller
- Integrates Dialog's Flickerless™ Technology to Remove LED Flicker
- 45Hz to 66Hz Line Frequency Range - 50Hz/60Hz Compatible
- 2% to 100% Wide Dimming Range
- Automatically Detects and Operates without Dimmer
- Quasi-resonant Mode for Optimal Efficiency - 85% (Without Dimmer)
- Low 10uA Start-Up Current
- Fully Protected for Temperature, Over Current, Sense Resistor Short Circuits and LED Open and Short Circuits
- LED Temperature Protection - External NTC Input to Reduce Drive to LEDs in Over Temperature Condition
- Solid State Lighting Applications up to 10W
- Dimmable LED Luminaires
Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram
White Papers & Technical Articles
- Optimizing Operating Life for LED-based Light Bulbs (807.07 KB)
- Removing LED Flicker from Priceless Family Memories (843.84 KB)
- What is Digital Power White Paper (597.24 KB)