Digital Smart Lighting LED Driver IC
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
High performance wide-range dimming engine
The iW6401 is a versatile, programmable LED driver designed specifically for digitally controlled lighting systems and provides a flexible platform that can be scaled across a wide range of digital power levels and applications.
The versatility of the iW6401 pairs with Dialog’s Bluetooth® Smart technology to put it at the heart of the Dialog Smart Lighting Platform, enabling complete, turn-key system solutions for multi-room wireless lighting control via a smartphone or tablet.
With multiple dimming interfaces for home and building automation systems, the iW6401 serves as a powerful backend for wireless communication modules, intelligent sensors or generic microcontrollers. It can also be used with a peripheral controller to provide a built in, stable, controlled power-management unit for external peripherals, including Bluetooth, Smart, Wi-Fi and ZigBee® modules.
- High performance wide-range dimming engine
- Quasi-resonant (soft) switching
- Patented PrimAccurate™LED current control
- IEC62756 data receiver and bypass load
- I2C programming and dimming interface
- Programmable dimming curves
- OTP configuration memory
- Software controlled standby/wakeup
- Toggle-switch event-driven state machine
- Regulated power for external master
- Programmable soft-start
- End-of-line diagnostics and calibration
- Active PFC control with high power factor
- Open/short protection with auto-restart
- State machine based temperature de-rating
- Internal/external temperature sensor
- Input overvoltage protection
- Small leadless 4x4mm DFN12 package
- Retrofit LED lamp bulbs
- Linear LED lamps
- Standalone mains driven LED drivers
iW6401 platform solution
Dialog Smart Lighting Platform Solution
The iW6401 powers an external Bluetooth Smart device,such as Dialog’s DA14580, from the integrated LDO. This enables the LED driver to be controlled remotely with a wireless interface.
iW6401 digital powerline
The iW6401 enables IEC62756 -compliant digital dimming and lamp group addressing. The I2C interface allows an external microprocessor to control multiple iW6401 drivers for tuneable-white or full RGBW lights.
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.