Single-Stage, 10W Off-Line SSL LED Driver with High PF and Low Ripple
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
High-power factor and low-ripple current
The iW3626 integrates high power-factor (PF), low output ripple and low total harmonic distortion (THD) in a single-stage SSL LED driver for isolated and non-isolated applications up to 10W for 60W-equivalent non-dimmable LED replacement bulbs.
The iW3626 integrates a unique hybrid control scheme with configurable power factor between >0.7 and >0.9 to manage the trade-off between PF and LED output current ripple. This unique feature enables high PF and low ripple from a low-cost solution.
The iW3626 reduces the BOM cost and solution size by incorporating Dialog’s proprietary PrimAccurate™ technology, eliminating the need for a secondary side regulator and optical feedback isolator. Dialog's advanced technology allows for the functionality and performance of an 8-pin part in a small SOT23 6-pin package. It also uses lower-cost BJTs, so there is no need for high-voltage electrolytic capacitors.
- Configurable PF to Manage Trade-Offs Between PF and Output Ripple
- PF from >0.7 (Lower Ripple) to >0.9 (Higher Ripple)
- Low THD <20%
- Single-Stage LED Driver in SOT23 6-pin Package
- Two Dual-Function Pins - Allows for Functionality of an 8-pin Part in a 6-pin Package
- Ideal for 10W Off-Line Solid-State Lighting Applications
- User-Configurable Internal LED Derating Over Temperature Protection
- Three Selectable Temperature Thresholds
- Maintains Light Output in Fault Condition
- Hysteresis Allows Smooth Transition Back to Normal Operation
- Fully Protected
- Over-Voltage/Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage, Over-Current and Short Circuit
- Open LED Fault Detection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Solid State Lighting
- LED Lighting Ballast
Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram
Product Briefs and Summaries
- 2010 Global LED Lighting Tech Summit (4.43 MB)
- iW3626 Non-Dimmable LED Driver Product Summary (371.59 KB)
- iW36xx Off-Line LED Driver Family Dimming Technology (2.37 MB)
White Papers & Technical Articles
- Optimizing Operating Life for LED-based Light Bulbs (807.07 KB)
- What is Digital Power White Paper (597.24 KB)
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.