Single-Stage, 45W, Non-Dimmable Off-Line Buck SSL LED Driver with High PF and Low Ripple
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
High power factor and low-ripple current
The iW3625 integrates high power factor (PF), low output ripple and low total harmonic distortion (THD) in a single-stage SSL LED driver for isolated and non-isolated, high-power, non-dimmable LED replacement bulbs and LED ballasts.
The iW3625 integrates a unique hybrid control scheme that allows designers to select power factor between >0.7 and >0.95, to manage the trade-off between PF and LED output current ripple. This unique feature enables high PF and low ripple in a low-cost solution. With both isolated and non-isolated buck topologies instead of the traditional flyback, the iW3625 offers higher efficiency in non-isolated applications. And, by using a MOSFET switch, the device is capable of driving LEDs in solutions up to 45W output power.
The iW3625 reduces the BOM cost and solution size by incorporating Dialog’s proprietary PrimAccurate™ technology, eliminating the need for a secondary-side regulator and optical feedback isolator. Dialog's advanced technology allows for the functionality and performance of an eight pin part in a small SOT23 6-pin package.
For Buck-Boost or Flyback 45W Applications see the iW3622
- Configurable PF to Manage Trade-Offs Between PF and Output Ripple
- PF from >0.7 (Lower Ripple) to >0.95 (Higher Ripple)
- High Efficiency (>90%) Buck Topology, Isolated and Non-Isolated Applications
- Low THD <20%
- Single-Stage LED Driver in SOT23 6-pin Package
- Two Dual-Function Pins - Allows for Functionality of an 8-pin Part in a 6-pin Package
- Ideal for 45W Off-Line Solid-State Lighting Applications
- User-Configurable LED Derating Over Temperature Protection
- Works with an External NTC or Internal Sensor
- Selectable Temperature Threshold and Derating Percentage
- Maintains Light Output in Fault Condition
- Hysteresis Allows Smooth Transition Back to Normal Operation
- Fully Protected
- Over-Voltage/Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage, Over-Current and Short Circuit
- Open LED Fault Detection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Solid State Lighting
- LED Lighting Ballast
Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.