Digital Off-Line 40W PWM Controller with PrimAccurate™ Primary-Side Control for LED Driving
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Single-stage LED lighting up to 40W
The iW3620 is a high performance AC/DC power supply controller for applications up to 40W of output power, optimized for driving LEDs from an AC supply voltage. Designed to operate from a universal input voltage range of 85VAC to 264VAC, the iW3620 can be used across all voltage standards worldwide.
The iW3620 uses Dialog's proprietary PrimAccurate™ primary-side control technology, minimizing the external component count by removing the need for both the traditional opto-isolator and external compensation components, reducing solution size and cost. The device operates in quasi-resonant mode in order to optimize efficiency at heavy loads and uses pulse-by-pulse waveform analysis to offer loop response characteristics superior to tranditional off-line solutions. The iW3620 is fully protected and incorporates Dialog's EZ-EMI® technology to facilitate EMI management in the end application, giving the end user an easy-to-design and robust solution for solid state lighting.
- PrimAccurate™ - Isolated Off-Line AC/DC Controller
- EZ-EMI®Design to Easily Meet Global EMI Specifications
- Ideal for Off-Line LED Applications up to 40W
- Universal Input Power Supply Range - 85VAC to 264VAC
- Up to 130kHz Switching Frequency, Enables Small Adapters
- Quasi-resonant Mode for Optimal Efficiency
- Low 10uA Start-Up Current
- Programmable Overtemperature Protection - External NTC Thermistor
- Built-in Ouput Over Voltage Protection
- Sense Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Open Circuit Protection
- Solid State Lighting
- 40W LED Luminaires
Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram
Product Briefs and Summaries
- iW3620 Datasheet (1.34 MB)
White Papers & Technical Articles
- Challenges on Solid-State Lighting Offline Driver Design (1.94 MB)
- Optimizing Operating Life for LED-based Light Bulbs (807.07 KB)
- What is Digital Power White Paper (597.24 KB)
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.