Flickerless™ High PF (> 0.95), Off-Line LED Driver for 12W Dimmable Solid State Lighting
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
High PF solid state dimmable LED driver up to 12W
The iW3616 two-stage SSL LED driver combines high power factor (PF > 0.95), low THD (< 15%) and low output ripple (< 20%) for residential and commercial dimmable retrofit LED luminaires up to 12W. By using a BJT power device, reducing component count for the protection circuits, and using lower-cost E-capacitors, the iW3616 enables a very low overall BOM cost.
The iW3616 is compatible with the IEC61000-3-2 specification for electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), the Zhaga hot-plug standard, and incorporates mapping options that fall within the NEMA-6 SSL dimming curves. It also uses Dialog’s patented, intelligent digital dimming to automatically detect the dimmer type and phase, enabling broad compatibility with analog and digital dimmers. Dialog’s unique over-temperature protection (OTP) derating circuit monitors an external NTC resistor; reduces the output drive to the LEDs in small, virtually imperceptible increments; then restores brightness as temperature falls. This prevents exceeding the temperature rating of the electrolytic capacitors and helps ensure a predictable, safer bulb operating life. More on OTP here.
- High PF (>0.95) and Low THD (< 15%)
- PrimAccurate™ - Isolated Off-Line AC/DC Controller
- Integrates Dialog's Flickerless™ Technology
- Removes Virtually All LED Flicker
- Ideal for 12W Off-Line Solid-State Lighting Applications
- 45Hz to 66Hz Line Frequency Range - 50Hz/60Hz Compatible
- Broad Range of Dimmer Capability
- Leading Edge, Trailing Edge, Digital Dimmers and Occupancy Sensors and Timers
- Automatic Detection of Dimmer Type and Phase
- 1% to 100% Wide Dimming Range
- Automatically Detects and Operates without Dimmer
- Quasi-resonant Mode for Optimal Efficiency
- 200kHz PWM switching Frequency
- Compatible to SSL Industry Standards
- Zhaga Hot-Plug Standard
- NEMA SSL6 Dimming Standard for Incandescent Replacement
- Zhaga Hot-Plug Standard
- Fully Protected
- Works from DC Voltage Emergency Back Up System
- NTC-based Temperature Derating Circuit
- Over-Voltage/Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage, Over-Current and Short Circuit
- Open LED Fault Detection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Dimmable Retrofit Lamps up to 12W
- Dimmable LED Ballasts and Luminaires up to 12W
Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram
Product Briefs and Summaries
- 2010 Global LED Lighting Tech Summit (4.43 MB)
- iW3616 Product Summary (445.69 KB)
- iW36xx Off-Line LED Driver Family Dimming Technology (2.37 MB)
White Papers & Technical Articles
- Optimizing Operating Life for LED-based Light Bulbs (807.07 KB)
- Removing LED Flicker from Priceless Family Memories (843.84 KB)
- What is Digital Power White Paper (597.24 KB)
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.