25W Off-Line LED Driver for Dimmable Solid State Lighting
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
High performance controller optimized for dimmable LED luminaires
The iW3612 is designed to operate from a broad input voltage range of 100VAC to 230VAC, the iW3612 provides an efficient solution for solid state lighting for LED luminaires in the 8W to 25W range.
Incorporating Dialog's proprietary Flickerless™ technology, the iW3612 removes LED flicker and permits usage with the industry's broadest range of dimmers. Additionally, the iW3612 incorporates Dialog's proprietary PrimAccurate™ primary-side control technology, minimizing the external component count by removing the need for both the traditional opto-coupler and external compensation components, reducing solution size and cost.
The iW3612 integrates an innovative over-temperature protection derating feature that uses an external NTC device to monitor the temperature of an LED luminaire. The OTP derating feature protects the LED driver circuit by reducing output current drive to the LEDs during an over-temperature event, enabling continous light output even in an overheating situation. For more information on this important protection feature, click here.
For similar features with High PF (>0.9) - See iW3614
- PrimAccurate™ - Isolated Off-Line AC/DC Controller
- Integrates Dialog's Flickerless™ Technology - Removes LED Flicker
- Ideal for 8W to 25W Off-Line LED Applications
- 45Hz to 66Hz Line Frequency Range - 50Hz/60Hz Compatible
- Broad Range of Dimmer Capability - Leading Edge, Trailing Edge and Non-Traditional R, R-C and R-L Types - Automatic Detection of Dimmer Type
- 1% to 100% Wide Dimming Range
- Automatically Detects and Operates without Dimmer
- Quasi-resonant Mode for Optimal Efficiency - 85% (Without Dimmer)
- Low 10uA Start-Up Current
- Fully Protected for Temperature, Sense Resistor Short Circuits, LED Open and Short Circuits and Over Voltage Conditions
- LED Temperature Protection - External NTC Input to Reduce Drive to LEDs in Over Temperature Condition
- 3W to 15W Solid State Lighting Applications
- Dimmable LED Luminaires
Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram
Product Briefs and Summaries
- 2010 Global LED Lighting Tech Summit (4.43 MB)
- iW3602-iW3612 LED Driver Overview (1.93 MB)
- iW36xx Off-Line LED Driver Family Dimming Technology (2.37 MB)
- iW3612 Datasheet (1.76 MB)
White Papers & Technical Articles
- Optimizing Operating Life for LED-based Light Bulbs (807.07 KB)
- Removing LED Flicker from Priceless Family Memories (843.84 KB)
- What is Digital Power White Paper (597.24 KB)
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.