Power Factor Boost Controller for AC/DC Power Supplies up to 250W and Power Conversion in SSL Lighting
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
High PF and Low THD
The iW2206 boost PFC controller provides high power factor (PF > 0.9) and low THD (< 10%) at full load across the input voltage range using Dialog’s PF-Boost™ technology. The device consumes less than 150mW no-load standby power at 230VAC up to 100W of output power, making it ideal for front-end power applications in high-power USB Type-C™ adapters and hubs in solid state lighting, where the front-end converter is always on.
The iW2206 integrates a full range of protection features including output over-voltage, over-power, input over-voltage and under-voltage, over-current and sense resistor short circuit protection, open loop and over temperature protection. The device comes in a tiny SOT23-6 package, enabling a smaller total solution size.
- PFC Boost Controller in SOT23-6
- PF > 0.9 and THD < 10% @ Full load Across Input Voltage
- 250W Maximum Output Power
- Supports Wide AC Input Voltage – 90VAC to 305VAC with Tight AC Load and Line Regulation (±3%)
- Fast PFC Ready Time < 0.2s
- Standby Power - < 150mW at 100W and Input Voltage of 230VAC
- Shut Down Function
- Pull Down VFB Pin for Lower Standby Power
- Fully Protected
- Output Over-Voltage, Over-Power, Over-Current, Sense-Resistor Short Protections
- Input Voltage Under-Voltage and Over-Voltage Protection
- Built-In Over-Temperature Protection
- Open Loop Protection
- High-Power USB Type-C™ Adapters and Hubs
- Commercial Lighting: External Fixture Drivers
Typical Applications Diagram
Functional Block Diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.