6-Channel LED Driver with Integrated Boost Converter for LCD Panel Backlighting
Support forums, documentation, software, tools and utilities
6-channel, internal current sinks LED driver with integrated boost controller
The iW7016 is a 6-channel LED backlight driver designed to deliver better screen performance and lower cost in next-generation 2D and 3D LCD TVs. It offers a highly integrated feature set, including a DC-to-DC boost controller with 10V gate drive, high-voltage current sinks, and Dialog’s patented BroadLED™ digital current regulation technology to eliminate the need for costly LED binning.
The iW7016 offers a broad input voltage range of 9V to 36V and incorporates phase shifted individual PWM dimming to reduce motion blur; 8-bit analog dimming; and hybrid dimming.
The comprehensive dimming modes enable precise control of the PWM output position and duty cycle, providing maximum flexibility to support both patterned retarder and shutter glass 3D TV technologies, as well as 2D TV with just one IC.
- 6-channel LED backlight driver, 65V (max) LED voltage
- Wide input supply voltage: 9V to 36V
- LED current:
- 2D = 300mA
- 3D = 600mA
- Integrated current sinks capable of high currents
- Integrated 10V DC-DC boost controller (10V gate drive) enables use of low-cost MOSFETs
- Patented BroadLED™ technology lowers cost for LED binning
- Reduces Vf between mismatched LED strings
- ±2% current matching
- PWM dimming range: 0% to 100%
- Comprehensive dimming control:
- Individual direct PWM with phase shift
- 8-bit analog dimming
- Hybrid dimming
- Individual brightness control of each LED string facilitates local dimming
- Comprehensive Protection Features
- Boost Controller – Over-Voltage, Over-Current, UVLO
- LED Drivers – LED Open Detection, LED Short Fault Protection, Over-Temperature Shutdown
- Direct and segment-edge LED backlit LCD TVs
- Edge-type global dimming LED backlit LCD TVs
- 3D patterned retarder (PR) TVs
- 3D shutter glass (SG) TVs
Typical applications diagram
Functional block diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.